23 Dec The Street Smart Entrepreneur, with Peter Taunton
Peter Taunton is a pioneer in the fitness industry. In 2003, he had a vision for Snap Fitness: to create an affordable, 24-7, results and value driven gym concept that was differentiated from the impersonal, expensive big-box experience. Today there are Snap Fitness franchises open or in development in 2,500 locations in 26 countries.
Taunton, as the Founder and CEO of Lift Brands, didn’t stop there. Peter is an expert at understanding consumer desires and fulfilling them. Over the years, he has acquired or founded several brands to round out the consumer-fitness experience: 9Round, Farrell’s, YogaFit, STEELE Fitness, Fitness On Demand. Together with the Snap Fitness brand they comprise the world’s largest wellness franchise organizations with over 6000 locations open or in development across multiple brands serving 165 million workouts and counting.
Peter went on to become the Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the year and founder of one of the largest wellness brands in the world. Over the years Taunton has been featured in several prestigious industry and entrepreneurial magazines such as Forbes, Entrepreneur and Inc. 5000.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How Peter's childhood and humble beginnings made a lasting impact on Peter's business philosophy and taught him lessons still applicable to his work today
- What important early lessons Peter learned from his father, including a specific example of his dad motivating eight year-old Peter to hustle for his popcorn stand
- Why one of the important lessons Peter learned is that you can't afford to be afraid of failure in business
- Why Peter would rather be “street smart” than “book smart” and be great at motivating and inspiring people
- How Peter was contacted by Forbes and asked to be a teacher for an entrepreneurial course in franchise systems
- Why Peter is surprised by the number of entrepreneurs he works with who don't plan ahead and have an exit strategy
- What traits and systems Peter has seen in businesses who are thriving during the global pandemic, and what changes he expects in the near future
- Why Peter wrote his book, “Impossible Hill”, to help entrepreneurs be better equipped and better prepared mentally, physically and financially
- Why Peter believes the keys to business success can be found in developing your discipline, accountability and patience
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/peter_taunton/
- Website: www.petertaunton.com
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/petertaunton/
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/Peter-Taunton-105472747590615/
- YouTube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhhYacl1jtVPURqqXGP0dA
- Twitter: @petertaunton
Smart Real Estate Coach Podcast Sponsor: