08 May How to Scale Your Business, with Michael Giannulis
Mike Giannulis (Gee-uh-NEW-liss – kind of like “Gee, a new list” because after all, he’s in marketing!) has overcome the odds and loves to share that story to inspire others. Mike especially thrives on connecting with entrepreneurs to motivate them to “do big things” in the world. Mike’s story begins in an average family where he had to work for everything he had. He started “at the bottom” and worked his way into the American Dream. In fact, Mike dropped out of high school, went back to get his degree and even went to college… ending up on a popular reality TV show. As a guy who started his working life stocking shelves on the overnight shift at a giant retailer, Mike has seen the spectrum.
Now, Mike grows and scales companies, using real-world experience to make this happen. His most recent company is on track to do $25 million in gross revenues. He is a serial entrepreneur who develops systems to help other entrepreneurs run multiple companies without having to be there.
In 2012 Mike appeared on the ABC television show Extreme Weight Loss, losing 255 pounds. He has overcome a stutter. He has gone from the bottom of the corporate ladder to the top of the mountain…and he loves helping others do the same.
What you'll learn about in this episode:
- How Mike started his career as a consultant and by learning to write copy, before ultimately becoming an expert in growing and scaling companies
- How Mike works in Shopify, is now moving into real estate, and has begun acquiring other companies across multiple industries
- What early things to keep in mind if you're wanting to grow and scale your business, and why your audience and product must support your scaling
- Why Mike believes that most people choose products and make purchases due to one of three things: greed, vanity or lust
- Why it is important to work within the channels you have access to, and why scaling isn't always an option
- How to get a free copy of and use Mike's “How to Obliterate the Blank Page” PDF to determine who your audience is and what they want
- How Mike's website can help you pursue over 20 different real estate channels, and how everything integrates into his custom real estate CRM
- What major stumbling blocks and opportunities Mike has had throughout his career, including starting a goat dairy farm as a teenager
- What daily activities Mike uses to stay focused, productive, and maximize his success each day
- Who Mike's favorite mentor in his life has been, and why having the right mentors has been critical to Mike's success