17 Feb Empathy in Business, with Dr. Joseph Michelli
Joseph A. Michelli, Ph.D., C.S.P., is an internationally sought-after speaker, author, and organizational consultant who transfers his knowledge of exceptional business practices in ways that develop joyful and productive workplaces with a focus on customer experience. His insights encourage leaders and frontline workers to grow and invest passionately in all aspects of their lives.
Dr. Michelli is a Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Publishers Weekly, Nielsen BookScan, and New York Times #1 bestselling author. His latest book is Stronger Through Adversity: World-Class Leaders Share Pandemic-Tested Lessons on Thriving During the Toughest Challenges. Joseph’s other titles include The Airbnb Way: 5 Leadership Lessons for Igniting Growth through Loyalty, Community, and Belonging; Driven to Delight: Delivering World-Class Customer Experience the Mercedes-Benz Way; Leading The Starbucks Way: 5 Principles for Connecting with Your Customer, Your Products, and Your People; The Zappos Experience: 5 Principles to Inspire Engage and WOW; Prescription for Excellence: Leadership Lessons for Creating a World-Class Customer Experience from UCLA Health System; The Starbucks Experience: 5 Principles for Turning Ordinary into Extraordinary; The New Gold Standard: 5 Leadership Principles for Creating a Legendary Customer Experience Courtesy of The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company; and When Fish Fly: Lessons for Creating a Vital and Energized Workplace which was co-authored with the owner of the “World-Famous” Pike Place Fish Market in Seattle.
Dr. Michelli holds the Certified Speaking Professional designation from the National Speakers Association (NSA). He is a member of the Authors Guild, an editorial board member for the Beryl Institute’s Patient Experience Journal (PXJ), and is on the founders’ council of CustomerExperienceOne. Other achievements include winning the Asian Brand Excellence Award and being named as one of the Top 10 thought leaders in Customer Service by Global Gurus. He received his master’s and a doctorate from the University of Southern California.
Having journeyed with a close family member through a six-year battle with breast cancer, Dr. Michelli is committed to social causes associated with curing cancer and abating world hunger.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How Dr. Michelli created for himself an opportunity to break out of working in the corporate world and become an independent consultant
- Why one of the fundamental keys to getting out of a corporate job and working for yourself is understanding the process of serving customers in a profitable way
- Why it is important to create an experience that encourages your customers to stay with you for the long haul
- What actionable steps Dr. Michelli recommends to anyone who wants to navigate difficult challenges, and why asking “what if” can be a powerful tool
- Why it is important to find a mentor or coach you can trust and then stick with them, building a fruitful relationship and learning everything you can
- Why it is important to make rock-solid promises you can deliver on, and how the Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Dubai can teach an important lesson on overvaluing customers
- How Dr. Michelli realized the important lesson that he doesn’t need to know everything or always have an answer
- Why empathy is a powerful skill to develop to help you better understand the journey your customers experience working with you
- How to deal with Imposter Syndrome and accept your flaws and still recognize the value that you offer others
- Website: www.josephmichelli.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheMichelliExperience
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/josephmichelli/
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/the-michelli-experience/about/
- Twitter: @josephmichelli
- Real Estate on Your Terms by Chris Prefontaine
Smart Real Estate Coach Podcast Sponsor: