11 Nov Achieving “Flow” and Maximizing Your Success, with Steven Kotler
Steven Kotler is a New York Times bestselling author and an award-winning journalist. As the Executive Director of the Flow Research Collective, he is one of the world’s leading experts on high performance.
His most recent work, Stealing Fire, was a national bestseller and nominated for a Pulitzer Prize. It documents an underground revolution in peak performance that is rapidly going mainstream, fueling a trillion dollar economy and forcing us to rethink how we lead more satisfying, productive and meaningful lives.
Steven’s work has been translated into over 40 languages and appeared in over 100 publications, including The New York Times, Atlantic Monthly, Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Wired and TIME. He also appears frequently on television and radio, and lectures widely on human performance, disruptive technology and radical innovation.
Steven is also the cofounder of Creating Equilibrium, a conference/concert/innovation accelerator focused on solving critical environmental challenges, and, alongside his wife, author Joy Nicholson, Steven is the cofounder of Rancho de Chihuahua, a hospice care/special needs care dog sanctuary in the mountains of Northern New Mexico.
He has a BA from the University of Wisconsin, Madison, and an MA from Johns Hopkins University and, whenever possible, can be found hurling himself down mountains at high speeds.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- What major shifts Steven has recognized in the realm of “peak performance” in the last ten years, and why podcasts have led the way in creating the shift
- What peak performance is, how the science behind it has progressed, and why what works for one person won’t necessarily work for another
- How science defines a state of “flow”, and what parts make up the six core experiences of the state of flow
- How to train your mind to help you get into a state of flow, and what key activities help you trigger flow
- Why you should end each day with a list containing a specific number of goals for the next day where you can be excellent
- Why achieving flow is easier than you might think, if you develop key habits and know the process and triggers
- How Steven began teaching others the skills and neuroscience behind peak performance and achieving flow
- How achieving a state of flow can help real estate investors in particular, and how flow can help you keep up with technological shifts
- How the last stage of the flow cycle is the “active recovery” period, and how that recovery period is critical for avoiding burnout
- How learning to manage your state of flow can help you perform better, be more creative, and accomplish your goals
- Free “flow blockers” diagnostic: www.flowresearchcollective.com/flow-blocker-quiz
- Website: www.flowresearchcollective.com
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/steven-kotler-4305b110/
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/flow-research-collective/
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/flowresearchcollective/
- Twitter: @steven_kotler
- Website: SmartRealEstateCoach.com/QLS
- Website: www.SmartRealEstateCoachPodcast.com/ebook
- Website: www.SmartRealEstateCoachPodcast.com/webinar
- Website: www.SmartRealEstateCoachPodcast.com/termsbook
Smart Real Estate Coach Podcast Sponsor: