20 Mar Should you STOP Rehabbing & Wholesaling?, with Chris Prefontaine
Chris is the best-selling author of Real Estate on Your Terms: Create Continuous Cash Flow Now, Without Using Your Cash or Credit. He’s also the founder of SmartRealEstateCoach.com and the Smart Real Estate Coach Podcast.
Chris has been in real estate for over 25 years. His experience includes the construction of over 100 single family and duplex homes (mostly 1990’s and selectively to date), has owned a Realty Executives Franchise (Massachusetts 1994-2000) as broker/owner which maintained high per-agent standards and eventually sold to Coldwell Banker in 2000. The 2000’s included coaching ½ million and higher REALTORs® in order to scale & automate their business throughout the US and Canada. He also participated (and still does selectively) in doing condo conversions (multi-family homes to condos) and “raise the roof” projects (converting single family ranches to colonials in growth neighborhoods).
Chris has been a big advocate of constant education and participates regularly in high-end mastermind groups, as well as consults with private mentors. He runs his own buying and selling businesses with his family team, which buys 2-5 properties monthly, so they’re in the trenches every single week. They also help clients do the same thing around the country.
Chris and his family team have done over 80 million in real estate transactions. They mentor, coach, consult, and actually partner with students around the country (by application only) to do exactly what they do.
What you'll learn about in this episode:
- Why you need to be prepared to handle any type of real estate transaction, especially in case the market changes
- How the Prefontaine family business works, and why their deals are set up to create three distinct paydays
- What Chris finds appealing about owner financing, subject to existing financing, and lease purchase
- Why Chris exists almost all of his deals by way of rent-to-own buyers (with a few caveats)
- Why Chris believes it's critically important to his business to pre-screen his buyers before putting them in homes
- Why it's possible to get up to a fourth payday from some of your deals, with examples of how to do it
- Why it's tax-advantageous to run some of your terms deals through your IRA or your IRA-owned LLC
- How Chris's system is scalable based on how much you want to work and how many deals you want to complete
- Why you should take Chris's free webinar, read his “Real Estate On Your Terms” book, and follow his QLS course
- Real Estate On Your Terms by Chris Prefontaine: https://amzn.to/2AO9kAh
- Website: www.smartrealestatecoach.com
- Email: email@example.com