07 Apr Being Coachable, with Chris Prefontaine
Chris Prefontaine is the best-selling author of Real Estate on Your Terms: Create Continuous Cash Flow Now, Without Using Your Cash or Credit. He’s also the founder of SmartRealEstateCoach.com and the Smart Real Estate Coach Podcast.
Chris has been in real estate for over 25 years. His experience includes the construction of over 100 single-family and duplex homes (mostly in the 1990’s and selectively to date), has owned a Realty Executives Franchise (Massachusetts 1994-2000) as broker/owner which maintained high per-agent standards and eventually sold to Coldwell Banker in 2000. The 2000’s included coaching ½ million and higher REALTORs® in order to scale & automate their business throughout the US and Canada. He also participated (and still does selectively) in doing condo conversions (multi-family homes to condos) and “raise the roof” projects (converting single-family ranches to colonials in growth neighborhoods).
Chris has been a big advocate of constant education and participates regularly in high-end mastermind groups, as well as consults with private mentors. He runs his own buying and selling businesses with his family team, which buys 2-5 properties monthly, so they’re in the trenches every single week. They also help clients do the same thing around the country.
Chris and his family team have done over 80 million in real estate transactions. They mentor, coach, consult, and actually partner with students around the country (by application only) to do exactly what they do.
What you will learn in this episode:
- Why the Smart Real Estate Coach team only works with “serious and committed” students who have a passion for learning and who are in the position to do so
- Why being “serious and committed” and being “comfortable with being uncomfortable” are crucial traits for being coachable
- Chris gives an example of learning to become comfortable with being uncomfortable and how it changed the path of his life
- Why the three pillars of Chris's coaching are mindset, skillset, and systems, and what each of these pillars brings to your learning experience
- What it means to be smart, and why being smart is about managing your expectations in a realistic way
- Why it's important to be open to ACAA, which stands for “action, critique, adjust, and action”
- Why being clear and understanding what coaching pace is right for you and then communicating that pace is important
- How to access some great limited-time Business Scaling Secrets coaching bundles, and how to register for the Summer of Deals virtual event scheduled for June 12, 2021
- Why change doesn't happen overnight, but why with time and dedication you can change anything you want about your life
- Why even the biggest challenges you face can teach you valuable and important lessons that can make you even stronger in the future…if you're coachable
Past Episodes of the Smart Real Estate Coach Podcast to Revisit:
- Business Scaling Secrets bundles: www.BizScaling.com/bundles
- Summer of Deals registration website: www.SummerOfDeals.com
- Follow Chris and Zach on Club House to learn even more about deal structures and how to get 3 paydays from your real estate investments.
- If looking to secure some lines of credit for your business, check out Fund and Grow – Visit our Resource page at https://smartrealestatecoach.com/resources
- Schedule a FREE Strategy Call: SmartRealEstateCoach.com/action
- Register for our free masterclass: www.SmartRealEstateCoach.com/mastersclass
- Real Estate on Your Terms by Chris Prefontaine
Smart Real Estate Coach Podcast Sponsor: