10 Mar Getting to Know the Smart Real Estate Coach, with Chris Prefontaine & Stephen Woessner
In this one-of-a-kind episode of the Smart Real Estate Coach podcast, guest host Stephen Woessner turns the tables on Chris and interviews him about his background, how he got into real estate, and how he navigated the crushing challenges of the 2008 real estate market crash. Whether you’re new to the Wicked Smart community or you’ve been here for the long haul, this episode gives you a glimpse into who Chris Prefontaine is and why he feels so passionately about helping others build true financial freedom through real estate.
Chris Prefontaine is the best-selling author of Real Estate on Your Terms: Create Continuous Cash Flow Now, Without Using Your Cash or Credit. He’s also the founder of SmartRealEstateCoach.com and the Smart Real Estate Coach Podcast.
Chris has been in real estate for over 25 years. His experience includes the construction of over 100 single-family and duplex homes (mostly in the 1990’s and selectively to date), has owned a Realty Executives Franchise (Massachusetts 1994-2000) as broker/owner which maintained high per-agent standards and eventually sold to Coldwell Banker in 2000. The 2000’s included coaching ½ million and higher REALTORs® in order to scale & automate their business throughout the US and Canada. He also participated (and still does selectively) in doing condo conversions (multi-family homes to condos) and “raise the roof” projects (converting single-family ranches to colonials in growth neighborhoods).
Chris has been a big advocate of constant education and participates regularly in high-end mastermind groups, as well as consults with private mentors. He runs his own buying and selling businesses with his family team, which buys 2-5 properties monthly, so they’re in the trenches every single week. They also help clients do the same thing around the country.
Chris and his family team have done over 80 million in real estate transactions. They mentor, coach, consult, and actually partner with students around the country (by application only) to do exactly what they do.
Stephen Woessner is the Founder and CEO of Predictive ROI and the host of the Onward Nation podcast, a top-rated podcast for learning how business owners think, act, and achieve success. Onward Nation is listened to in more than 120 countries around the world. He is the author of three bestselling books including the Amazon #1 Bestseller Profitable Podcasting. He is also a speaker, trainer, and his digital marketing insights have been featured in SUCCESS, Entrepreneur, The Washington Post, Forbes, Inc. Magazine, and other media.
What you will learn in this episode:
- What important lessons Chris learned during the 2008 collapse that have continued to pay dividends even today
- Why developing the right mindset was crucial for Chris's survival after losing everything in 2008, and why having the right mindset is vital for Chris's students
- Why TTFD (Time To First Deal) is one of the key metrics Chris tracks in his students, and why the biggest slowdown they often encounter comes from mindset and fear
- How focusing on the “third pillar” of mindset has helped Chris and his team dramatically decrease students' TTFD
- How Chris realized his “Three Paydays” system was going to allow him to create the financial freedom he wanted for his family
- How an early deal morphed and converted over time, and how Chris has been able to hang onto that deal for over eight years and continue to profit
- Why being able to smartly pivot is a key skill that has helped Chris repeatedly grow his profits from his deals
- What important lessons and “aha!” moments Chris has experienced that he has been able to share with the Wicked Smart community
- Why Chris does the work that he does, and why his purpose is to empower people and change their lives
- How Chris built the Wicked Smart community with intentionality and care, with the goal of creating something to truly support his students
- Business Scaling Event: http://bizscaling.com/
- Download the 7 Steps PDF Here
Smart Real Estate Coach Podcast Sponsor: