10 Feb Lessons Learned from Financial Crisis, with Chris Prefontaine
Chris Prefontaine is the best-selling author of Real Estate on Your Terms: Create Continuous Cash Flow Now, Without Using Your Cash or Credit. He’s also the founder of SmartRealEstateCoach.com and the Smart Real Estate Coach Podcast.
Chris has been in real estate for over 25 years. His experience includes the construction of over 100 single-family and duplex homes (mostly in the 1990’s and selectively to date), has owned a Realty Executives Franchise (Massachusetts 1994-2000) as broker/owner which maintained high per-agent standards and eventually sold to Coldwell Banker in 2000. The 2000’s included coaching ½ million and higher REALTORs® in order to scale & automate their business throughout the US and Canada. He also participated (and still does selectively) in doing condo conversions (multi-family homes to condos) and “raise the roof” projects (converting single-family ranches to colonials in growth neighborhoods).
Chris has been a big advocate of constant education and participates regularly in high-end mastermind groups, as well as consults with private mentors. He runs his own buying and selling businesses with his family team, which buys 2-5 properties monthly, so they’re in the trenches every single week. They also help clients do the same thing around the country.
Chris and his family team have done over 80 million in real estate transactions. They mentor, coach, consult, and actually partner with students around the country (by application only) to do exactly what they do.
What you will learn in this episode:
- What happened to Chris and his investing business after the 2008 real estate market crash shook the economy into crisis
- Why “staying in the lane” and establishing boundaries and not deviating from them was crucial for bouncing back
- What important lessons Chris learned in the 2008 crash that he has built into the Smart Real Estate Coach system
- How the work Chris has done since 2008 has made a huge impact on the lives and futures of hundreds of families
- Chris shares details of a sandwich lease from 2013, and the series of life events that impacted the owner and tenant buyer
- How “stacking” is a next-level advanced technique Chris can teach you to utilize that can help you maximize the profitability of your portfolio
- How to apply to work directly with Chris to truly change your life over the course of the next 36 months
Past Episodes of the Smart Real Estate Coach Podcast to Revisit:
- Brian O'Neill in episode 191
- Brian O'Neill in episode 232
- Mike Makredes and Chad Heeter in episode 230
- Mike Makredes in episode 40
- Chad Heeter in episode 184
- Peter Taunton in episode 228
- Download the 7 Steps PDF Here
Smart Real Estate Coach Podcast Sponsor: