28 Feb How Much Progress Have You Made Toward Your Goals?, with Chris Prefontaine
Chris is the best-selling author of Real Estate on Your Terms: Create Continuous Cash Flow Now, Without Using Your Cash or Credit. He’s also the founder of SmartRealEstateCoach.com and the Smart Real Estate Coach Podcast.
Chris has been in real estate for over 25 years. His experience includes the construction of over 100 single-family and duplex homes (mostly in the 1990’s and selectively to date), has owned a Realty Executives Franchise (Massachusetts 1994-2000) as broker/owner which maintained high per-agent standards and eventually sold to Coldwell Banker in 2000. The 2000’s included coaching ½ million and higher REALTORs® in order to scale & automate their business throughout the US and Canada. He also participated (and still does selectively) in doing condo conversions (multi-family homes to condos) and “raise the roof” projects (converting single-family ranches to colonials in growth neighborhoods).
Chris has been a big advocate of constant education and participates regularly in high-end mastermind groups, as well as consults with private mentors. He runs his own buying and selling businesses with his family team, which buys 2-5 properties monthly, so they’re in the trenches every single week. They also help clients do the same thing around the country.
Chris and his family team have done over 80 million in real estate transactions. They mentor, coach, consult, and actually partner with students around the country (by application only) to do exactly what they do.
What you'll learn about in this episode:
- Chris shares collected insights and wisdom from the “Morning Coffee” videos he and his son-in-law Zach share weekly with their Slack community
- How, as of the recording of the podcast, 18% of 2020 has passed, and why you should be 18% of the way to accomplishing your goals for the year
- Why you should increase your goals if you are on track for 2020, and why you should consult a trusted mentor or advisor if you aren't
- Why you should carefully think about what changes you can make to course correct and achieve your goals for the year
- How to create a “Good List” of the things you are naturally good or great at and then delegate the things you aren't good at to an assistant
- How to improve the skills you're good at to become exceptional at them, and why you should think about what or who you are allowing into your circle
- Why negative, toxic people in your life can drain your motivation and put you into the wrong mindset for success
- Chris shares a parable of two wolves that are at war inside each of us, one who is jealous and negative and the other who is positive and energetic
- Why news media focuses on negative, apocalyptic stories, and why allowing that negativity into your mind every day can put you into a poor mindset
- Why shutting out negative information, things and people from your life can help you focus on the things you need to do to succeed