02 Dec An Insider’s Perspective on the Wicked Smart Community, with Russell Ham
Russell Ham was born in Southern California about 10 minutes from Disneyland. He is the youngest of four boys all born in the 60’s. After graduating high school, he began coaching high school boy’s basketball. He continued to coach for 30 years until last year. Russell is a high school PE teacher and is married to his beautiful wife, Emily, and they have two children. Lacie, who’s 17 years old and Jesse, who’s 14 years old.They also have two dogs, Ella and Willow.
Russell started with SREC in April of 2019. Russell was looking for a real estate niche (i.e. fix & flip, buy & hold, BRRRR) and came across Chris’ Youtube channel. Instantly Russell got hooked for two reasons: One, how open Chris, Zach, and Nick were with showing you how to do real estate on terms through the YouTube channel and two, the Wicked Smart community is second to none. They show you the way to be successful and are with you coaching/mentoring you side by side.
What you will learn in this episode:
- How Russell had very little real estate investing experience before he connected with the Wicked Smart community
- How Russell spent 30 years coaching high school boys basketball, and how he balances coaching, being a father, and working on his real estate investing
- What life was like for Russell before the global pandemic hit, and how things have changed over the last year
- What key lessons, disciplines and habits Russell needed to develop to achieve his goals in real estate
- Why Russell believes that success, either in basketball or real estate, requires discipline, dedication, preparation and commitment
- How Russell has developed his confidence since starting with the Smart Real Estate Coach, ahd how he has made nearly $90,000 in his first two deals just on payday one
- What goals Russell has set for his investments and deals in the upcoming year, and how he plans to achieve those goals
- Why becoming a part of the Wicked Smart community has been life-changing for Russell and has even helped him lose weight and get in shape
- What's next for Russell, and why his five-year goal is to stop teaching and transition to real estate full time
- What advice Russell would offer to brand new investors and people approaching the terms niche for the first time