04 Aug Discipline, Accountability, and Perspective, with Peter Taunton
Peter Taunton is a pioneer in the fitness industry. In 2003, he had a vision for Snap Fitness: to create an affordable, 24-7, results and value driven gym concept that was differentiated from the impersonal, expensive big-box experience. Today there are Snap Fitness franchises open or in development in 2,500 locations in 26 countries.
Taunton, as the Founder and CEO of Lift Brands, didn’t stop there. Peter is an expert at understanding consumer desires and fulfilling them. Over the years, he has acquired or founded several brands to round out the consumer-fitness experience: 9Round, Farrell’s, YogaFit, STEELE Fitness, Fitness On Demand. Together with the Snap Fitness brand they comprise the world’s largest wellness franchise organizations with over 6000 locations open or in development across multiple brands serving 165 million workouts and counting.
Peter went on to become the Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the year and founder of one of the largest wellness brands in the world. Over the years Taunton has been featured in several prestigious industry and entrepreneurial magazines such as Forbes, Entrepreneur and Inc. 5000.
Taunton credits his success to the fundamental advice passed down from his father; “Don’t wait for business or success to fall in your lap…you need to put yourself out there and go get it!” and Peter did just that..today he has expanded and diversified his business holdings around the globe.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Why Peter made the decision to join the Wicked Smart community, and what benefits he has received from the partnership
- How Peter, Chris, Zach and the family team are developing a Wicked Smart Finance option to help investors do deals they couldn’t afford to do otherwise
- Why Peter’s first gym purchase was slow, challenging and took hard work to complete, and why he got through by focusing on the win and not the ways he might fail
- What important lessons Peter learned on his journey from purchasing his first facility to growing it to one of the world’s largest fitness brands
- Why Peter defines “winning” as achieving great balance in your life, and why “discipline,” “accountability,” and “perspective” are Peter’s three favorite words
- Why it is important to focus on achievable goals and actually take bold, decisive action to achieve them
- Why you shouldn’t define yourself solely by your level of ambition, and why your growth journey is never done
- Why compassion and empathy are invaluable qualities in a coach, and how they can be the keys to leveling up your learning
- Peter discusses writing his Amazon bestselling book “Impossible Hill”, and what important lessons and insights he hopes readers get from it
- Listen to Peter’s previous appearance on the Smart Real Estate Coach podcast in episode #228: https://smartrealestatecoachpodcast.com/podcasts/peter-taunton/
- Impossible Hill by Peter Taunton: https://amzn.to/3hKHbjv
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/peter_taunton/
- Website: www.petertaunton.com
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/petertaunton/
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/Peter-Taunton-105472747590615/
- YouTube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhhYacl1jtVPURqqXGP0dA
- Twitter: @petertaunton
- Follow Chris and Zach on Club House to learn even more about deal structures and how to get 3 paydays from your real estate investments.
- If looking to secure some lines of credit for your business, check out Fund and Grow – Visit our Resource page at https://www.smartrealestatecoach.com/resources
- Schedule a FREE Strategy Call: SmartRealEstateCoach.com/action
- Register for our free masterclass: www.SmartRealEstateCoach.com/mastersclass
- Real Estate on Your Terms by Chris Prefontaine
Smart Real Estate Coach Podcast Sponsor: