10 Oct Give your way to Success
After graduating with an engineering degree and then an MBA from Ohio State, Paul Moore entered the management development track at Ford Motor Company in Detroit. After five years, he departed to start a staffing company with a partner. They sold it to a publicly traded firm five years later for $2.9 million.
Along the way, Paul was Finalist for Ernst & Young’s Michigan Entrepreneur of the Year two years straight (1996 & 1997). Paul later entered the real estate sector, where he flipped over 50 homes and 25 high-end waterfront lots, appeared on HGTV’s House Hunters, rehabbed and managed rental properties, built a number of new homes, developed a subdivision, and started two successful online real estate marketing firms.
Three successful developments, including assisting with the development of a Hyatt hotel and a very successful multifamily project, led him into the commercial multifamily arena. Paul is the author of The Perfect Investment – Create Enduring Wealth from the Historic Shift to Multifamily Housing (2016).
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Why Paul has moved through many types of real estate throughout his career to minimize risk and still enjoy positive returns for his investors
- Paul’s thoughts on entering the multi-family market of today and why he also invests in a more specialized niche
- The story of how Paul found himself millions of dollars in debt and how he managed to shed that debt in the midst of the recession
- How Paul’s podcast, How To Lose Money, uses stories of his failures and setbacks to teach valuable lessons in investing
- Paul’s secrets and tips for partnering with the IRS to save tremendously on taxes
- How to earn more than 15% returns on investing by focusing on specialized niches you may never have considered
- Why human trafficking is one of the worst problems facing humanity, and how Paul is using philanthropy to combat this menace
- The three things Paul does every single day to be the best he can be
- The difference between investing and speculating and the lessons Paul learned from “swinging for the fences” throughout his career
- Paul’s thoughts on the importance of finding a mentor and why he feels it’s so crucial for success
- Which strategies Paul recommends for new investors to find success in real estate
- Smart Real Estate Coach Videos on YouTube
Ways to Contact Paul: