11 Dec A Better Strategy Than a 401(k), with Mark Willis
Mark Willis is a man on a mission to help you think differently about your money, your economy and your future. After graduating with six figures of student loan debt and discovering a way to turn his debt into real wealth as he watched everybody lose their retirement savings and home equity in 2008, he knew that he needed to find a more predictable way to meet his financial objectives and those of his clients.
Mark is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER, a two-time #1 Best Selling Author and the owner of Lake Growth Financial Services, a financial firm in Chicago, Illinois. Over the years, he has helped hundreds of his clients take back control of their financial future and build their businesses with proven, tax-efficient financial solutions. He specializes in building custom-tailored financial strategies that are unknown to typical stock-jockeys, attorneys, or other financial gurus.
As co-host of the Not Your Average Financial Podcast™, he shares some of his strategies for investing in real estate, paying for college without going broke, and creating an income in retirement you won’t out live. Mark works with people who want to grow their wealth in ways that are safe and predictable, to become their own source of financing, and create tax-free income in retirement.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Why Mark wants to be the “last financial planner you'll ever need” through educating his clients and giving them full control of their financial future
- Why most people who enter the financial arena as adults often have no idea what's going on, and how Mark works to help clients make sense of things
- What financial problems Mark recognizes that people often need help overcoming, including an increasing reliance on debt
- Why Mark believes the 401(k) isn't the right way to invest for retirement, and what drawbacks are found in relying on a 401(k)
- What qualities Mark looks for in the ideal investment vehicle, and why “High Early Cash Value whole life insurance” ticks all of Mark's boxes
- Why it is important to find a Bank On Yourself Authorized Financial Advisor who is keeping your best interests in mind
- How Mark's methods can help you eliminate high debt and rebuild your financial independence
- Who Mark's policy strategy is and is not meant for, and why it is important to reach a point where you can afford to set money aside each month
- What strategies Mark would offer to anyone carrying a high amount of debt and wanting to get it under control
- Website: www.growmorewealth.com
- Website: http://lakegrowth.com/
- Twitter: @LakeGrowth
- Free Financial Consultation: http://lakegrowth.com/contact-us/booking/
Mark Willis’s Recommended Reading List:
- The One Thing by Gary Keller: https://amzn.to/343f1ac
- The Bank on Yourself Revolution by Pamela Yellen: https://amzn.to/2Qzrdve