14 Jul Persevere Through Challenges, with Nick Prefontaine
In 2003, Nick Prefontaine was in a snowboarding accident that left him in a coma for over 3 weeks. The doctors told his parents that he probably wouldn’t walk, talk, or eat on his own again. Less than 3 months later, he was running out of Franciscan Children’s hospital. Now Nick speaks to groups that benefit from his message of overcoming adversity.
Nick grew up in the real estate industry and got started at an early age. Most notably, he was knocking on Pre-Foreclosure doors at 16, doing up to 50 doors a day. This experience helped shape Nick’s real estate career. When someone opens the door you better have something compelling to say.
Now, Nick specializes in working with lease purchase buyers to get them into a home and on the path to home ownership. That includes working with them throughout the entire deal which ends in them being able to get their own loan. Getting buyers to the finish line is something Nick and the entire Pre Property Solutions team take pride in. That is something that separates them from their competition. Regardless of a buyer’s credit situation, he looks at their complete financial picture and comes up with a plan to get them into a home.
What you will learn in this episode:
- How Nick experienced a devastating snowboarding accident in 2003 that left him in a three-week coma, and how he had to learn how to walk, talk, eat and shower again
- Why Nick's refusal to give up and his ability to persevere through challenges with tenacity and courage helped him recover his life after his accident
- Nick shares how he initially got started in real estate two years after his snowboarding accident, following in Chris's entrepreneurial footsteps
- How to get a free copy of the ebook “What's Your Excuse” written by Nick Prefontaine and Sgt. Shilo Harris
- How Nick got his real estate license in March of 2008 right as the real estate market and economy were crashing, and how he learned through trial by fire
- Nick discusses how the family team works hard to help buyers persevere through challenges and get to the finish line, and how that sets them apart
- Why it is important for Nick to be honest with buyers and explain that it does take work to buy a home, and why ethical business practices aren't negotiable for Nick
- Why a failure to take decisive action is the number one challenge Nick sees in new investing students, and why pushing through your fear is vital
- Why Nick won't consider putting a buyer in a home unless they have at least a 3% down payment and their income exceeds 3x the monthly payment on the home
- Why waiting to get into real estate investing until the market slows down will only hold you back from getting onto your path toward success
- Listen to Nick Prefontaine’s first appearance in the Smart Real Estate Coach podcast episode 44: https://smartrealestatecoachpodcast.com/podcasts/family-cast-1/
- Free “What’s Your Excuse” ebook: www.SmartRealEstateCoach.com/gifts
- Check out the Not Just A Transaction podcast, hosted by Nick Prefontaine and Zach Beach: www.prepropertysolutions.com/podcast/
- Follow Chris and Zach on Club House to learn even more about deal structures and how to get 3 paydays from your real estate investments.
- If looking to secure some lines of credit for your business, check out Fund and Grow – Visit our Resource page at https://smartrealestatecoach.com/resources
- Schedule a FREE Strategy Call: SmartRealEstateCoach.com/action
- Register for our free masterclass: www.SmartRealEstateCoach.com/mastersclass
- Real Estate on Your Terms by Chris Prefontaine
Smart Real Estate Coach Podcast Sponsor: