24 Jan Understanding & Profiting from NOTES
Since 1980, Eddie Speed has dedicated his professional life to the Note buying industry, seller financing, and non-performing notes. He’s introduced innovative ideas and strategies that have positively impacted the way the industry operates today.
Fifteen years ago, Eddie founded NoteSchool, which is a highly recognized training company, and specialized in the teaching of buying performing and non-performing discounted mortgage notes. He is also a principal of Colonial Capital Management LLC, which is a private equity fund that acquires discounted real estate secured notes.
Eddie received the special recognition of being honored as the first inductee into the SBRE Hall of Fame along with the Think Realty Award of Distinction for Alternative Asset Investor of the Year and recently received a Mentor of the Year Award from the Note Investor Summit.
What you will learn:
- The importance of notes and how they impact your deals
- The role mentors played in Eddie’s life
- Some of the biggest obstacles to getting into the note servicing business
- The particular niche Eddie focuses on in the note servicing industry
- How Eddie overcame some of his biggest mistakes and what he learned from them
- One of the most expensive mistakes investors can make and how to avoid it
- The most productive things Eddie does every day
- Why prioritization is key to maximizing your productivity
- What the note servicing industry is missing and how to capitalize on it
- Several strategies to help investors ensure their success