30 Oct From Broke Single Mom to Real Estate Master, with Dwan Bent-Twyford
Dwan Bent-Twyford, America’s Most Sought-After Real Estate Investor™, started as a broke, single mom who had been fired from Denny’s. She now heads up “Investors Edge University” – A company that specializes in training new and seasoned investors in a wide range of real estate investing techniques through live workshops, weekly webinars, a member site, coaching, and seminars.
Having flipped over 2,000 deals herself she is more than qualified to share her vast knowledge of real estate investing with America.
Dwan is affectionately known as the “Queen of Short Sales”® and is considered to be the Nation’s #1 Expert on Short Sales & Foreclosures. She has written three best sellers, “Short Sale Pre-Foreclosure Investing,” “How to Sell a House When It’s Worth Less Than the Mortgage,” and her most recent New York Times best seller was written with Steve Forbes, “SuccessOnomics.”
She is highly sought after and has been featured on Fox and Friends, MSNBC, Naomi’s Good Morning, Colorado and Company, and many other TV, radio, podcasts, and print media.
Dwan also has a top-rated podcast called…The Most Dwanderful Real Estate Podcast Ever! In a market dominated by men, Dwan has certainly made her mark! Her goal never changes – to make a difference in the lives of others!
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How a series of unexpected setbacks led Dwan to get started as a real estate rehabber, and how she made $22,000 in her first deal
- How Dwan recently took on her biggest project ever, renovating 18 buildings in downtown Clinton, Iowa as part of a city beautification project
- How Dwan went from a broke single mom to doing 75 wholesale deals and around 350 subject-to deals
- Dwan shares how she negotiates deals, with an example of giving a building owner three different, flexible offers to choose from
- How Dwan has never needed to foreclose or evict anyone because she makes sure everyone she does deals with completely understands how the deal is structured
- How Dwan also uses a three payday deal system she calls her “triple profit center”, and how to reach out to Dwan with questions
- Why getting through your first deal is an important step for lighting a fire and getting passionate about real estate investing
- Why finding a coach or mentor who has been through tough times and has experience bouncing back is crucial
- Why Dwan expects accountability from her coaching students, and how their “accountability logs” help Dwan identify where they need to improve
- How Dwan got started investing in a time when real estate was a “boys’ club,” and how she was able to prove herself by mastering wholesaling
- Website: https://dwanderful.com/
- Podcast: https://dwanderful.com/podcasts/
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/dwanbenttwyford/
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/Dwanderful/
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/InvestorsEdgeUniversity
- Twitter: @teachrealestate
Smart Real Estate Coach Podcast Sponsor: