16 Dec A Real Estate Entrepreneur Mindset, with Chris Prefontaine and Zach Beach
Chris Prefontaine is the best-selling author of Real Estate on Your Terms: Create Continuous Cash Flow Now, Without Using Your Cash or Credit. He’s also the founder of SmartRealEstateCoach.com and the Smart Real Estate Coach Podcast.
Chris has been in real estate for over 25 years. His experience includes the construction of over 100 single-family and duplex homes (mostly in the 1990’s and selectively to date), has owned a Realty Executives Franchise (Massachusetts 1994-2000) as broker/owner which maintained high per-agent standards and eventually sold to Coldwell Banker in 2000. The 2000’s included coaching ½ million and higher REALTORs® in order to scale & automate their business throughout the US and Canada. He also participated (and still does selectively) in doing condo conversions (multi-family homes to condos) and “raise the roof” projects (converting single-family ranches to colonials in growth neighborhoods).
Chris has been a big advocate of constant education and participates regularly in high-end mastermind groups, as well as consults with private mentors. He runs his own buying and selling businesses with his family team, which buys 2-5 properties monthly, so they’re in the trenches every single week. They also help clients do the same thing around the country.
Chris and his family team have done over 80 million in real estate transactions. They mentor, coach, consult, and actually partner with students around the country (by application only) to do exactly what they do.
Zach Beach is an Amazon Best-Selling Author of The New Rules of Real Estate Investing and revised edition of Real Estate On Your Terms. He has been an authority in real estate for 7 years now and has personally completed hundreds of real estate transactions and has mentored investors to complete thousands of transactions.
At the age of 25, Zach decided to leave the world of bartending and personally training and jump into the family business. Now he is an equal partner and runs the acquisitions department, focusing on helping sellers accomplish their goal of selling their property.
If Zach is not working, you will find enjoying the outdoors or spending time with his wife Kayla and two kids Remi and Bellamy. His passion for family and business is what keeps him motivated and excited to take on each day.
What you will learn in this episode:
- How the terms niche is booming, even during the global pandemic, and what that means for real estate investors looking for new opportunities
- Why the terms niche is ideal for being recession-resistant because terms deals are flexible and easy to pivot
- Why choosing a niche you can get behind and stick with and joining a community who has done what you want to do is the key to success in real estate investing
- Why you should take action, sustain your momentum, and look for golden opportunities even during the crisis
- How the Wicked Smart Community has been a powerful motivator, source of inspiration and resource for its members through the pandemic
- Why Chris, Zach and their family team decided to break into real estate coaching, and how it has impacted their investing business
- Why much of the coaching the Smart Real Estate Coach team does lies outside traditional real estate but has a major impact on students' success
- Why being in the right place mentally, physically and emotionally is critically important for your success
- Why the formula for success is:
- Be honest with yourself and get clear on where you are
- Decide where you want to go
- Identify the core points blocking you right now from getting there
- Take massive action
- Work with a coach on your process
- What the difference between a mentor and a coach is, and why a coach will take you farther than a mentor will
- Get a strategy call with the Smart Real Estate Coach team: www.SmartRealEstateCoach.com/action
- Real Estate on Your Terms by Chris Prefontaine