08 Aug STOP your whining!
Chris Prefontaine is the Amazon Bestselling author of “Real Estate on your terms – Create continuous cash flow now, without using your cash or credit.” He’s also founder of SmartRealEstateCoach.com and SmartRealEstatecoachPodcast.com.
Chris has been in real estate for 25+ years. His experience includes the construction of over 100+ single family and duplex homes (mostly 1990’s and selectively to date), has owned a Realty Executives Franchise (Massachusetts 1994-2000) as broker / owner which maintained high per agent standards and eventually sold to Coldwell Banker in 2000. The 2000’s included coaching ½ million and higher realtors in order to scale & automate their business throughout US and Canada. He also participated (and still selectively to date) in doing condo conversions (multi family homes to condos) and “raise the roof” projects (converting single family ranches to colonials in growth neighborhoods).
Chris has been a big advocate of constant education and participates regularly in high end mastermind groups and consulting with private mentors. He runs his own buying and selling businesses with his family team which buys 2-5 properties monthly so they’re in the trenches every single week. They also help clients do the same thing around the Country.
Chris and his family/team have done over 80 million in real estate transactions. They mentor, coach, consult and actually partner with students around the Country (by application only) to do exactly what they do.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- What the weekly associate mastermind call is
- Information about the opening and closing speakers of the next live event
- Why you shouldn’t be making excuses
- The importance of commitment and sticking to things for a good amount of time
- Why Chris and the training company are super picky about the selection process
- Examples of excuses people give and why this makes them unsuccessful
- The type of attitude you need to have in order to be successful
- Why you can’t just follow a cookie cutter pattern to be successful
- What associates come away with after they come for an office visit
- Why you need to know the big picture and understand the system
- The reason Chris is blunt and to the point and is straightforward about what can go wrong
- Tips for what to do when you hit a low point in your business
- Examples illustrating why it’s silly to only give your business a chance for a short period of time
- What to do if you have a vacant home instead of giving up
- The importance of constantly educating yourself and finding good mentors
- Why not properly managing commitment is what is going to make you fail
- One of the biggest frustrations for coaches in real estate